Menopause constitutes the most important part of the intimate life of a woman. Each and every woman has to go through this phase of life and you cannot compare your experience with anyone else. Certain symptoms of menopause include problems with sleeping, hot flashes and many more. Here are 5 important things about menopause that every woman ought to know.
- Menopause Occurs at Around 51 Years of Age : Most of the women have their last period between the age of 45 to 55. Having the menopause early at the age of 40 is abnormal. It can be because of medical condition such as thyroid, rheumatic disease like lupus, and sometimes, chemotherapy and radiation can also be a cause of premature menopause. If a woman has her ovaries and uterus removed because of certain medical emergency, she shall surely experience early menopause. Correct age of such happenings is one of the things to know about menopause.
- When Exactly it Starts: If you do not have your period for more than 12 months, it is likely that your menopause has set in. Menopause is considered to have been started if a woman does not have it for about a year. If you have been without your periods for about 10 years, then you are likely to be in post menopause process in which you shall never have your periods again. During this time, any form of vaginal bleeding is considered to be abnormal and you should immediately contact a gynaecologist if you have experienced any such thing.
- Reduce Your Stress and Anxiety However Possible: Menopause is often characterized by hormonal imbalance and mood swings and you have to take strict measures to reduce stress and anxiety however possible. You can do if effectively by taking lots of rest and many other stress busting exercises. Brisk walking and yoga are effective in this regard. You can also have foods that reduce your stress and anxiety. Foods such as Omega 3 fatty acid, protein, fiber and anti-oxidants contained by certain fruits and vegetables are considered to be effective in reducing stress and it shall in turn help you a great deal during your menopause. You should also keep an eye over your sugar intake as taking more sweets and sugar shall cause hormonal imbalance and lead to weight gain. Look for a high protein diet with low moderate fat intake to raise your metabolism and manage your stress and anxiety.
- Take your strengthening exercises: After menopause, your bones suffer from calcium deficit. This should be looked up at seriously. In order to prevent osteoporosis, you should implement strength training and weight bearing exercises for at least 5 times a week. Walking can also strengthen your bone and keep your body weight in check in order to prevent a further damage. Certain exercises that deals with lifting of weights shall also be helpful in this regard.
- Quit Smoking and Intake of Alcohol: You should stop your habits of drinking and smoking if you had one. Smoking and drinking not only affects your mood, heart, weight, mind and aging but also your hormones. It has been proven that the woman who often drink and smoke, tend to enter their menopause at an early age. Try to reduce the intake of nicotine and limit your drinking habits only within red wine and that too only five ounces a week.
Thus, it can be said that if you keep an eye on the above mentioned habit, you can have a good and healthy time even during your menopause which shall give you health benefits in the long run.