It is all about making a smart choice when it comes to selecting foods which you should have at a holiday buffet that could help you with anti aging benefits and a better skin tone. Although you may lose your will power to stay away from some mouth watering delicacies during the year end with lots of festivities around, making healthier choices can help you in your fight against aging. We have compiled a list of top 5 classic foods that prevent aging skin and are packed with other anti aging benefits.
- Beets- Although Beets may not be your favorite choice, still it can be a healthy choice for the fiber contents it has which makes you feel full. Packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, Beets have anti inflammatory properties to keep your skin away from any type of inflammation or black spots. You can have beet roots roasted or grated as one of the ingredients of a salad, which could be a better way of enjoying this vegetable.
- Cranberries- Cranberries are tangy in taste and contains antioxidants and Vitamin C which are good for the skin, especially when it comes to anti aging benefits. It also helps in the synthesis of collagen within the skin and also keeps the skin hydrated. Researches have proved that cranberries help you to fight tooth decay. Baked cranberries can be a healthy choice over other forms keeping in mind the sugar contents it has.
- Carrots- Carrots are rich in beta carolene, which turns into Vitamin A in the form of retinol, within our body and helps the skin to remain hydrated and in good shape. It also contains Vitamin C which helps to get rid of the free radicals and increases the production of collagen to keep the skin free of pigmentation and wrinkles.Other benefits of retinol include supporting our immune system. Grated carrots in pure ghee can be a delicious item but make sure to add as much little sugar as possible.
- Butternut Squash- The high fiber contents in butternut squash helps you to feel full and prevents you from helping yourself with frequent servings. This fruit,which is used as vegetable is also rich in Vitamin A, C and E, which help in keeping the skin healthy and in building collagen within the body to keep the skin free of pigmentation and other blemishes. Other contents include magnesium, potassium and manganese, which are essential minerals for the skin to help fight wrinkles, acne breakouts and skin allergies. You can have butternut squash either toasted, roasted, pureed or mashed. There is a range of delicious recipes made of this fruit which include soups and muffins and can also be had with bread and casseroles.
- Sweet Potatoes- The immense benefits of sweet potatoes as an anti aging agent cannot be ruled out unless you have tried with this vegetable in various forms like mashed and in roasted forms. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamins A, C and beta carolene, which are all good nutrients to the skin. It also contains copper, which helps in building collagen to keep the skin healthy and tight and also to prevent osteoporosis. Other contents found in sweet potato include Omega 3, Vitamins K & E and zinc, which are all excellent sources of natural compounds that help in promotion of health. The antioxidant properties also help in preventing the free radicals to affect skin pigmentation. You can have it mashed, baked or roasted in various delicious recipes.
The amazing anti aging benefits of these 5 healthy foods cannot be denied. Having them as your first choice when at the table during any holiday occasion can save you from the embarrassment of aging and keep your skin healthy and elastic.